Troubleshooting basic electrical lighting circuits is the skill provided with this maintenance training course.
V4 Troubleshooting Electrical Circuits
Try this award winning electrical training program.
XP, Windows Vista, Win 10,8 & 7 compatible software (32&64bit)
Click picture to view Electrical Circuit
Screen Shots and Contents - Career Technical Center Review
| Basic Electrical Techniques - Industrial Maintenance Training Download|
This is one of three award winning maintenance training courses from the electrical troubleshooting series. This new V4 series offers more electrical faults to troubleshoot and the capability to download even more and a much improved user interface, for your continued education.
The Basic Electrical Troubleshooting Techniques program teaches a proven systematic troubleshooting approach called the "Five Step Troubleshooting Approach." The process is explained using electrical circuit simulation, animated graphics and text. Once familiar with the troubleshooting techniques you can work through a section that guides you through this troubleshooting process on a simple lighting circuit. You can then try to troubleshoot 30 faults on the lighting circuit. Some are common faults when wiring lights, others not so common. Here the time and dollars used to solve the fault will be measured and evaluated. The program also records all the steps performed to solve the faults for later analysis of your troubleshooting approach.
- Highly realistic simulation - The simulation behaves as the real circuit would. You can remove wires, operate any controls, and the circuit will behave appropriately. This is a true simulation!
- While using this electrical training program you are able to perform virtually every operation used on real equipment including:
- operating the electrical circuit
- locking out the electrical circuit
- taking voltage and resistance readings
- opening electrical connections
- replacing electrical components
- using the observe feature you can even check for visual or other clues to help solve the electrical fault
- viewing electrical schematic and electrical wiring diagrams while troubleshooting the electrical circuit
- 30 faults are available to provide adequate practice to develop your troubleshooting skills
- The Troubleshooting Techniques sections teaches a systematic troubleshooting approach
- The program assesses your skill by evaluating your use of time and materials to solve the fault.
- A log of the your steps taken while solving the faults, is available for later analysis.
- A section is available to guide you through the troubleshooting process on a sample fault.
- Animations and narrations are used to describe how the circuit works and how to use the tools.
- Thorough instructions and tips on using the program allow it to be used as a totally self taught, self-paced program or as part of a troubleshooting course.
- Once the user has successfully completed all the faults they can print out their certificate.
- Administration tools and program guides are available for Instructors who purchase all 3 programs in Workplace Bundle.
Who Can Benefit
Both college students and apprentices find these programs increase both their skills and confidence when troubleshooting electrical circuits. Seasoned electrical and maintenance personnel also benefit by refining their reasoning process and increasing the effectiveness of their troubleshooting skills, resulting in reduced downtime of equipment.
Designed for use by Instructors, Supervisors, Students and experienced Tradespersons.
Instructors: Use Workplace Editions as part of your classroom training course.
Supervisors – Use Workplace edition to improve the troubleshooting skills of your staff, and your company’s bottom line.
Apprentices and Students – Use Personal Edition to learn to safely and effectively troubleshoot PLC circuits.
Trades people – Use Personal Edition to further develop and hone your PLC troubleshooting skills.
Here's a little bit of feed back on your Troubleshooting Software. First off, the guys here love the programs. A couple of them even use it on their lunch time!
-Mark Wisniewski - Conoco Phillips
It had some challenging faults that actually helped me improve my troubleshooting skills which I have since been able to apply on my current job as an industrial electrician. For learning and value it was excellent.
Let me first say how great your program is. A great way to hone my troubleshooting skills. Some people will get up in the morning and have a coffee and play a game of solitaire on the computer. Myself, even though I have finished all three programs, I still try to solve one or two in the morning with my coffee. Just waiting for a new series to be released, is this going to happen? If so, when?
Please click for multiple Workplace Bundles and special school pricing.
New Transit Edition: This software now is available only as download on subscription bases. A Single User purchase allows the single user to install on up to 3 computers. That user's progress is uploaded to the cloud, so user can continue where they left off at work, on their home computer. Learn more about Transit Edition of Electrical Troubleshooting Training Software.
The "Buy Now" Button below is for the Single User Version ONLY!
Email with download link sent within 24 hours after purchase. Single user subscriptions below allows the program to be used by the individual for whom the license has been purchased. This edition is typically purchased by students, apprentices, tradespersons, etc. wishing to learn or upgrade their troubleshooting skills.
Automated download system is powered by our preferred method of payment, secure Pay Pal. If you prefer us to manually process your order or would like to mail or fax order in, please click Manual Order Form on our secure servers at BIN95.
Or click to order all 3 CBTs in Troubleshooting series.
Course Table of Contents
| ||Troubleshooting Basic Electrical Techniques|
This section describes a systematic approach to troubleshooting called the Five Step Troubleshooting Approach. It also contains a practice circuit that allows you to practice the troubleshooting steps on an electrical circuit.
| || || |
| ||Electrical Troubleshooting Guide |
This section guides you through the troubleshooting process on a typical fault. Here you can practice using the troubleshooting approach to answer a series of questions and repair faults on the electrical circuit simulation.
| || || |
| ||How the Electrical Circuit Works|
This section describes how the lighting circuit simulation works. Go to this section to see an animated tutorial of this circuit and learn how the circuit works.
| || || |
| ||Test Your Electrical Skill|
Here you will troubleshoot and repair faults on the electrical circuit simulation. This program will evaluate your results based on the time and money spent to repair the fault. If your results meet the criteria set by the program, the fault will be marked complete. Otherwise you will have to try it again.
| || || |
| ||Lighting Circuit Diagram|
Schematics and wiring diagrams for the lighting circuit can be viewed on screen or printed out to help you understand the circuit and eventually track down problem areas to solve faults.